GemSmith is Blue Gem’s Warranty and Support program. Every system we sell comes with at least 90 days (from delivery date) of limited hardware and technical support. This can be extended to 3 years via GemSmith+ and includes extra benefits (including accidental damage repair, upgrades, and discounts towards new systems).
But what does this mean for you?
What’s covered by GemSmith Limited Hardware Warranty
- 90 Days – Coverage time for the included basic GemSmith warranty for all computers, pcs, devices, and systems sold by Blue Gem.
- Functionality – Blue Gem guarantees that the computer, pc, device, or system is fully functional and fully tested for hardware defects when it leaves our possession.
- Stability – Blue Gem guarantees that the computer, pc, device, or system has overall system stability when it leaves our possession.
- Operating System – Blue Gem guarantees that the operating system, if any, functions correctly and is properly installed and tested when it leaves our possession. If there is an issue with the operating system, before modification by the user, Blue Gem may attempt to fix the issue remotely or on-site.
- Packaging – Blue Gem guarantees that the computer, pc, device, or system being transported are properly secured and packaged to ensure that the device receives no damaged from normal shipping or transport handling.
- Shipping – Blue Gem will cover replacement(s) of parts or systems damaged by shipping couriers mishandling packages containing a Blue Gem computer, pc, device, or system.
- Undetected Defects – Blue Gem will replacement parts that contain factory or manufacturing defects or issues that may have gotten through quality control testing, for at least 90 days after delivery. Up to 3 years with GemSmith+. Hardware must be used properly and within it’s normal operating environment and condition.
- Self-Support Tools – Blue Gem provides every computer, pc, device, or system with self-support tools for the customer. Provided is a USB storage drive containing the system’s Operating System installer, drivers, motherboard firmware, digital manuals, included software utilities, and a link to a unique support page hosted by Blue Gem that provides all these tool online for download.
What is GemSmith+
GemSmith+ is an extended Limited Warranty with a few extra benefits.
- 3 Years – Extended coverage time for the included basic GemSmith warranty for all computers, pcs, devices, and systems sold by Blue Gem.
- Factory Hardware – Blue Gem will replace hardware that experiences caused by improper factory or manufacturing production. Hardware must be used properly and within it’s normal operating environment and condition.
- Accidental Damage – Blue Gem may repair or replace parts of the system that were accidentally damaged by the customer. The limit of these accidental damage repairs is based on the value of the GemSmith+ coverage. After the value, the customer will be financially responsible for the rest of the cost of repairs, in the case of accidental damage.
- Cash it in – If a customer does not fully utilize GemSmith+ support, they are eligible to receive an upgrade to their existing system OR receive a one-time discount towards a new system. Discounts and upgrades are given on a per customer basis. A customer must contact Blue Gem, check their account status, and then the customer will receive a discount code for ordering a new system or receive a shipping label to have their system shipped back to Blue Gem for their upgrade. Choosing to upgrade or get a discount will end the GemSmith+ warranty coverage, essentially cashing out.
How does GemSmith Work?
- Contact Us – The customer contacts Blue Gem and communicates about an issue.
- Status Check– Blue Gem checks the status of a customer and their system’s warranty status.
- Confirm Issues– Blue Gem will attempt to confirm that:
- An issue exists
- Whether the issue is hardware or software related
- Whether that issue occurred or existed in the hands of Blue Gem, the shipping courier, or by the user
- Ship Back to Blue Gem – Blue Gem will issue a paid shipping label to the customer or cover the cost of shipping for the customer. The customer is responsible for:
- Securing the system for shipping
- Packing the system for shipping
- Properly labeling the package for shipping
- Dropping off or having the courier pick up the package for shipping
- Repair Issues – Blue Gem will troubleshoot and repair or replace parts or the system that is having/causing the issue(s).
- Verify Functionality – Blue Gem will verify the system is now functioning again, as expected by the customer.
- Ship Back to Customer – Blue Gem will ship the system back to the customer.
- Confirm with Customer – Blue Gem will reach out to the customer after delivery to confirm that their system is functioning normally and to their expectations.
Will GemSmith Cost Me Anything Extra?
If cost of materials for repairs exceed the value of GemSmith’s coverage, the customer may be expected to pay for the cost of materials or replacements. The customer will be notified that the cost of repair has exceeded budget and asked if they wish to continue.
Blue Gem will try to cover as much of the repair as possible in the case of a factory issue or defect of hardware.
In the case of accidental damage repair, Blue Gem will only cover the amount of value by the value of the GemSmith+ coverage. After that value is exceeded, the customer is financially responsible for the rest of the cost of repairs.